Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hope you can cling to

As you may know, because I blogged about it a few weeks back, my best friend in Los Angeles has breast cancer and is going through a course of chemotherapy. I don't think I'm exaggerating at all when I say she is finding this tougher than she ever imagined it to be.


You may also be aware that I make cards to send to people who are ill, bereaved or who may just need some happy mail. So in October over at splitcoaststamper I am participating in making a card a day for the breast cancer patients at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston,Texas, they are calling this event "Hope You Can Cling To".


This is an article about the event that appeared in the Houston Chronicle, I hope to be showing you some of the cards I will be making even though I have a 3 week New Zealand trip in October as well. My timing is sometimes a little bit off but I hit the mark more often than not **smiles**. 


Speaking of cards here are three of my most recent ones.






Keep Well,
Nicky =^-^=

1 comment:

  1. These are all beautiful cards, Nicky! And for a very good cause. I have a friend at work who is preparing for her second mastectomy this year and even though she's strong, it's so hard for me to see her suffer physically. I was thinking of making a gift set of cards for her - maybe I'll take this challenge to do that. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete