Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Training.........

Sigh, I'm training for two events, the Houston (Texas) half marathon in January and the Motatapu (New Zealand) marathon in March. I've had problems over the summer with heat exhaustion and another injury that has interrupted my training. Before Summer I was consistently running 8:30 min/mile pace and now I'm lucky if I can run under 9:00 min/mile pace. Then Sunday I ran 12 miles (longer weekend run) and now I have soft tissue damage around my left ankle from the tongue of my trainer consistently hitting my ankle  for 12 miles. I won't even go into toe blisters and munted toe nails. Which makes me wonder why I do it. Heck I'm going to be 50 in June I'm a Grandmother and the grey hair and saggy skin have already started, I should be slowing down or something, shouldn't I? Any other nearly 50s out there reading this, are you training for a marathon? Am I mad?

Heck no girlfriend, you go for it 50 is the new 30.

Having said that immediately after I finish running my marathon in NZ I'm moving on to a yacht (located in the BVIs) and I'm going to sail off into the sunset on a (probably) 10 year circumnavigation. Am I mad?

Heck no girlfriend, you go for it. Next year I'll be blogging and crafting in all kinds of exotic anchorages and locations, me, my Scrubby and my cat.

I hope you get to join me in my adventures, I'm getting quite excited about it and I can think of nothing else at the moment, want to buy some furniture anyone?

My Scrubby

My shaved (because it's hot in Texas) cat



Me before going running, I don't look like that after I've been running, lols. 

Keep Well

=^-^=


No comments:

Post a Comment